Friday, November 04, 2005

CNN.com - Cardiologist goes toe to toe with drug companies


CLICK TO READ: CNN.com - Cardiologist goes toe to toe with drug companies

Get ready to restore your faith in the medical profession--at least one member of it. Dr. Steven Nissen, who it seems attended the University of Michigan at the same time as myself (pay attention, that was a clue to my identity) but whom I never had the pleasure of meeting, is my new hero. He learned his current whistle-blowing activism during the antiwar movement when he was a self-described "political leader, really."

All I can say is that Dr. Nissen has reassured me that my entire generation has not sold out and that ethics and a commitment to righting wrongs and challenging the status quo are alive and well in Cleveland.

And bless the man, even though he's lost his long hair, he still has a beard. How I miss the 60's.

No comments: