Monday, September 05, 2005
I am a non-party-affiliated, progressive independent. I have concealed my identity to focus attention on my message rather than my media appeal. My sole goal is to take back our country from the cabal in the White House and build a government (that really IS) of the people, by the people, and for the people... a government committed to taking care of its most vulnerable people and ending war as a way to solve world problems.
I am a dreamer.
I dream of:
• A United America, where the leadership works for the benefit of ALL Americans, not just the elite.
• An America with character. A country with morals and ethics and actions that inspire the rest of the world to emulate us, not hate us.
• An America that unites the world against terror, rather than alienating the world with aggressive, unilateral actions.
• An America that puts the needs of the American people first, with priority attention to the most vulnerable among us.
• An America where humanitarian causes are a-political, leading all of us to make the world a better, safer place for
• An America that is fiscally responsible. An America that uses our money wisely, in our best interests.
• An America that is honest. Honest with the American people. Honest with the world community. Honest and open to
criticism -- good or bad -- of our actions at home and abroad.
• An America that rejects "fear" tactics and safeguards our freedoms at all costs.
• A United America. An America that serves ALL of her people. An America that brings people together through respect and honest debate and compromise for the good of all.
• An America that embraces American Values in more than just rhetoric, but, rather, lives her values – justice, freedom, opportunity for all, peace – in every action she takes at home or abroad.
• An America that spurns secrecy, and secret deals, and Presidential privileges and opens it’s arms to every single citizen in this country and says, we, the government, work for YOU. We are RESPONSIBLE to you. To each and every one of you.
• An America where you have the inalienable right to know the truth about what your government is or isn’t doing for you in your name.
• An America where you are the auditors of this country. You are America’s conscience. You are the keepers of America’s Flame.
• An America where truth prevails, and candidates are judged honestly and fairly by an open debate on the issues.
• A new America, where it is not only immoral, but illegal, for our leaders to slander others, to bend the truth, to mislead and misrepresent either their own records or the records of their opponents.
• A new America where dissent is encouraged, where difference of opinion is sought out, where voicing heart-felt objections is considered as patriotic and essential to a free society, as a stamp of approval.
• A new America, where a president who dares to take this country to war under false pretenses, or otherwise, bears the full responsibility of his actions to his troops, to the American people, and to the world community.
• A new America that respects the world community and their beliefs, that values building bridges over building walls, that values diplomacy over ultimatums and bullying, that knows the difference between strength and abuse of power.
• A new America where our ethical and moral conduct, domestically and internationally, set the example that inspires the rest of the world.
• A new America where the media holds itself to the highest standards and reports the news without bias rather than creating the news and spinning it to their own agenda.
• An America where no one is elected to office until every single vote has been counted, and even the Supreme Court cannot take away this basic right of every citizen.
• A new America, without labels, without hatred, without dirty tricks, but rather, an America that pulls together, as one, with
one single purpose: the good of all.
• A new America where those who can, reach out to help those who can’t.
• A new America where peace is not equated with war, where we work feverously to find peaceful solutions to all problems, with war only as a last, last resort.
• A new America that values a Department of Peace more than a Department of War.
• A new America where every citizen would gladly sacrifice in some way for the good of the whole country, because they recognize that it is that sacrifice and generousity of spirit which has made this country great.
• A new America that is not divided by our differences: by race, or gender, or religion, or politics, but, rather, is united in it’s respect for and honor of those different from ourselves.
• A new America where democrats listen to republicans with respect, and republicans listen to democrats with respect,
and issues are debated and policies made with one goal: to make America a better place to live for all of her citizens.
• A new America where there are enough good jobs for every American who wants to work.
• A Revolutionary America, where the right to first rate health care is every American’s right.
• A Revolutionary America where corporations value their people above their products or services, and treat them as fairly, and respectfully, as they would like to be treated.
• A Revolutionary America where workers are so valued by their companies, and employees so proud of their work,
that the phrase “Made in America” is viewed as the benchmark for quality and innovation throughout the world.
• A Revolutionary America where a first rate college education is affordable and available to every person who wishes one,
where quality pre-schools are affordable and available to all working parents, where the best possible schools are available to every child, because insuring their future is insuring America’s future, something we are unwilling to compromise.
• A new America where the environment is protected and nurtured, where every citizen and every business willingly does his part to ensure that our planet and our air will be healthy, beautiful, and hospitable for generations to come.
• A Revolutionary America where women’s rights, and civil rights, and gay rights are no longer devisive issues, because we have finally realized our constitution: All men – and all women – are created equal and are treated equally—and never separately, under the law.
• A Revolutionary America where the best America has to offer run for public office and participate in our government eagerly, without hesitating due of a lack of money, because we finally instituted campaign finance reform that removes all private money from any political campaign.
• A Revolutionary America where “politician” is no longer a dirty word, where constituents can trust that what their representatives pledge, will be honored, because in this new America, politicians are soley focused on their constitutional duty of serving their constituents and not special interests.
I dream of a Revolutionary America.
There’s only one way to make that dream a reality:
Make it your own.
Follow your heart and vote to make this country live up to the bold, new, American dream we all grew up believing in.