Saturday, October 28, 2006

Halloween Sleaze


Man, I must be out of touch. First Bill Maher does a bit on slutty halloween costumes, now Tierney. Guess I have to get out more.

Read on:

Give the Vixens the Day Off
By John Tierney
The New York Times
In principle, I have nothing against women in vinyl thigh-high boots, leather corsets, French maid micro-dresses or dominatrix gear. If American women are determined to set aside one day a year to go public with their inner vixen, I believe it is men’s solemn duty to respect their wishes.

But should that day be Halloween?

This is the great question facing our nation now that Oct. 31 has become known as Slutoween and Dress-Like-a-Whore-Day, much to the distress of moralists on both the left and right. When I see fundamentalists and feminists jointly denouncing something, my knee-jerk libertarian response is: bring it on! If the stores are stocked with nothing but slutty costumes, this must be what customers want. The market has spoken....

Photo credit: John Tierney. (Fred R. Conrad/The New York Times)
Read more.

Non-TimesSelect subscribers, click here.

No comments: