Monday, February 27, 2006

Confessions of a John Perkins Fanatic

Recently, I happened to catch the tail end of John Perkins speaking at a Book Talk on CSPAN about his New York Times Best Seller "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man: How the U.S. Uses Globalization to Cheat Poor Countries Out of Trillions."

I was intrigued by the little I heard and curious enough to buy the book. Actually, I had heard about the book months earlier, but had somehow managed to erase my mental note to buy it. Catching him on CSPAN must have been karma.

I confess that reading it has been life changing.

If you don't read anything else this year, read "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man." It reads like a good espionage thriller but what makes it astounding is that it is a true story. Read it and you will absolutely understand how our government has been operating to the detriment of just about everyone--except an elite few.



I've included some links below including reviews, information on and links to Perkins.

Photo Credit: John Perkins (JohnPerkins.org)

Also read:

Confessing to the Converted - The Archive - The New York Times

Democracy Now! | Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

John Perkins

Dream Change - Serving the Earth

No comments: