Monday, July 24, 2006

Cindy Sheehan vs. Norah O'Donnell


Excerpt from "Me, Hugo and George" by Cindy Sheehan:
On a recent appearance that I made on MSNBC's "Hardball," which was being guest-hosted by Norah O' Donnell, she introduced me as someone who has been photographed with "dictator" Hugo Chavez. After the introduction and in a very short subsequent break, I looked at her and said: "You know, President Chavez is not a dictator. He has been democratically elected to his office 8 times."

To which she replied: "We had a big discussion about that and we decided that he ruled like a dictator." That statement really shocked, yet irritated me, because I can't believe that MSNBC and Norah O'Donnell would perpetuate the myth that President Chavez is a dictator and mislead and misinform their viewers, because contrary to facts, they "decided that he ruled like a dictator."

"Then you should call George Bush a dictator," I said, right before we were given the signal that the interview was beginning.
Give her Hell, Cindy! Woo Hoo!

Related:

No comments: