BAGHDAD, Iraq, March 30 — Jill Carroll, the American reporter who was kidnapped in Baghdad nearly three months ago, was released today.Read more.
Ms. Carroll, whose abduction generated international attention, said in an interview shown on Baghdad television that her captors "never hit me and never even threatened to hit me."
Asked what message she wanted to send to the United States, she said firmly, "I was treated very well, it's important for people to know that.
Photo credit: (Baghdad TV via Associated Press) Jill Carroll told the Associated Press in a televised interview that her captors "never hit me and never even threatened to hit me."
Also see:• VIDEO: Jill Carroll Tells Her Story
• Jill Carroll Timeline (March 30, 2006)
• Text of the Statement by Carroll's Family (March 30, 2006)
• Journalist Jill Carroll Released in Iraq (March 30, 2006)
• Hostage Jill Carroll released (March 30, 2006)
• VIDEO: In her own words (March 30, 2006)
• Reporter Freed in Iraq, 3 Months After Abduction (March 31, 2006)
• Elation, Relief at Jill Carroll's Release (March 31,2006)