THIS IS A MUST SEE BEFORE YOU VOTE!
- POCKETBOOK: From the price at the pump to prescription drug prices, John McCain's lobbyist ties have put him out of touch with the needs of ordinary Americans.
- STANDING IN THE WORLD: John McCain's lobbyist friends conduct business worldwide, representing shady interests in Iraq and brutal dictators in a host of countries.
- ETHICS: John McCain has promoted himself as a reformer, but the lobbyists running his campaign have a lengthy rap sheet entailing everything from the questionable to the criminal.
- CORPORATE REGULATION: Big Business has little to fear from a McCain administration -- dozens of his lobbyist friends make their money representing huge corporations that put profits ahead of people.
- SIN CITY: John McCain's lobbyist friends have excelled at profiting off other people's vices, counting the gambling and tobacco industries among their top clients.
- PLANET IN PERIL: John McCain's shifting environmental positions may be a consequence of listening to lobbyists whose interests lie with Big Oil and other polluters of the air and water.
Campaign finance and lobbying figures are based on Campaign Money Watch analysis of data obtained from the Center for Responsive Politics, a non-partisan organization that tracks and codes campaign finance data by industry and tracks lobbying. Campaign finance data include individual contributions ($200+) and from Political Action Committees (PACs) to campaign committees and leadership PACs. Data for the 2008 cycle were downloaded in July 2008.
Sources for information included in the lobbyist bios can be found in footnotes for each entry.