- LA Times: Obama For President
- Ali Velshi Speaks About CNN's Business Coverage, The American Job Market, And Why Barack Obama Is Stronger On The Economy Than John McCain
- The Choice: The New Yorker
"...What most distinguishes the candidates, however, is character—and here, contrary to conventional wisdom, Obama is clearly the stronger of the two...."
- Barack Obama for President | washingtonpost.com
"THE NOMINATING process this year produced two unusually talented and qualified presidential candidates. There are few public figures we have respected more over the years than Sen. John McCain. Yet it is without ambivalence that we endorse Sen. Barack Obama for president...."
- Bush-Supporter Dennis Hopper Switches His Vote: "I Pray" Obama Wins
- Lawrence O'Donnell: Colin Powell Is Ready To Endorse
Will it be Obama?
- Conservative Talk Radio Host Endorses Obama
"On Friday, two dependable conservative organs backed Democrat Barack Obama for president...."
- CHICAGO TRIBUNE ENDORSEMENT: Chicago Tribune endorses Barack Obama for president
"...On Nov. 4 we're going to elect a president to lead us through a perilous time and restore in us a common sense of national purpose.
The strongest candidate to do that is Sen. Barack Obama. The Tribune is proud to endorse him today for president of the United States...."
- Obama is the choice | ajc.com:
"The 44th president of the United States will take office in an uncertain and dangerous time for this country. The challenges we face both overseas and here at home are complex and unfamiliar, and the road ahead is likely to be very different from the road we have traveled to get here.
Leading the country in such a time will require someone of intellect, creativity, honesty and passion for those traits that have made America great. That person is U.S. Sen. Barack Obama."
- THE CHRONICLE RECOMMENDS: Barack Obama for president:
"The Illinois senator has shown beyond a doubt that he is the one to lead the nation in troubled times."
- South Florida Times: Some of McCain's black relatives support Obama
“We simply need to look at the economy, and McCain’s campaign does not take us there,” said Joyce McCain, Lillie’s sister, a retired engineering manager with General Motors who lives in Grand Blanc, Michigan. “He is my cousin, but we are in dire times right now and people are hurting. Sen. Obama is clearly the best choice to be president.’’
- Miami Herald endorses Obama for president:
"... A clear choice
Indeed, the way the two candidates responded to the economic meltdown offers a lesson in contrasting styles of leadership. Both have put forth a series of worthwhile policy options, but where Sen. Obama was calm, Sen. McCain was frantic. He first put his campaign ''on hold'' and suggested he would cancel the first debate, and then suddenly decided to take part even as the first bailout deal cratered. He said the fundamentals of the economy were strong, then a few days later vowed to ''name the names'' of those responsible for the financial crisis.
In other elections, voters have complained of having to make a choice between two bad candidates. That is not the case this time. The nation is fortunate to have good candidates and a clear choice. Sen. Obama represents the best chance for America to make a clean break with the culture wars and failed policies of the past, and begin to restore the hope and promise of America as the world's greatest democracy."
- OpEdNews | � 5 Obama Endorsements: Cleveland, Austin, St.Pete, Gainesville,Tuscaloosa, Orlando