"Former New York Times reporter Judith Miller this week may have proved to be a lousy witness–often dithering and plagued by seemingly stunning memory lapses–but at this point press critics who expected the perjury trial of Lewis "Scooter" Libby to add up to a scathing indictment of the Washington reporting corps have to be disappointed.
Well, at least a little.
What has emerged in U.S. District Court even more dramatically than the media's well-documented though often overstated shortcomings is an intimate and at times amusing portrait of how an administration obsessed with secrecy dispatches its apparatchiks to obfuscate, plant, plot, and discredit...."
- Bloomberg: Matthew Cooper Testifies Rove Told Him About Plame (Update5)
- Forbes: Cooper: Libby Talk Was 'Off the Record'
- Forbes: Libby Lawyers Pepper Cooper About Rove
- The Nation: Libby Trial: Matt Cooper Contradicts Libby
- NYT: Libby's Lawyers Question Reporters Memory
- Always More Here: Firedoglake: Live blogging Libby Trial
- Firedoglake: Day Eleven Sum-Up: Who Will Deliver for Fitz?
Trouble viewing this video? Click Here.