- White House Will Deny New Request In Attorneys Probe - WAPO
- Vallejo Times Herald - D.C. madam vows to release records:
"Once injunction is lifted, 46 pounds of phone registers will be available to media..."
- DC Madam no longer blocked from releasing phone records info (.pdf).
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: A Message From The Iraq Resistance
From the Islamic Jihad Army - A message in English: "We are simple people who chose principles over fear." Propaganda or disinformation? You decide.
- When Will We Wake Up? Aspen Daily News | Aspen, Colorado
- Libby a Long-Time Mossad Agent
- Secrecy Shrouds Accident at Nuclear Plant - New York Times
- House Balks at Bush Order for New Powers - The Huffington Post:
"President Bush this month is giving an obscure White House office new powers over regulations affecting health, worker safety and the environment. Calling it a power grab, Democrats running Congress are intent on stopping him.
The House voted last week to prohibit the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs from spending federal money on Executive Order 13422, signed by Bush last January and due to take effect July 24.
The order requires federal officials to show that private companies, people or institutions failed to address a problem before agencies can write regulations to tackle it. It also gives political appointees greater authority over how the regulations are written.
The House measure 'stops this president or any president from seizing the power to rewrite almost every law that Congress passes, laws that protect public health, the environment, safety, civil rights, privacy and on and on,' said Rep. Brad Miller, D-N.C., its sponsor...."
- Not all would put a heroic sheen on Thompson's Watergate role - The Boston Globe
- Mother Jones | Photo Essay: American Happiness and the Need to Consume
- AlterNet: MediaCulture: Will the Progressive Majority Emerge?
- The Filthy Rich Are Different From You and Me - New York Times